Club Rondevu welcomes all Batesies

Last week, doors opened to the newest phase in Batesies’ quest for a Thursday night hot spot as Club Rondevu began its, “We Love College Night.”

Set to happen every Thursday at 16 Park Street, the event is run by Maine-based entertainment group 207 Nightlife. It is also supported by the Bates DJ Society who will have a guest DJ spot each week.

In a statement to The Student, 207 Nightlife called last week’s soft opening, “okay.” They added that with new management and the club just re-opening the, “only place to go is up from here.”

Setting Rondevu apart from past Thursday night attempts is its 18+, non-segregated policy. However, the owners are quick to point to their zero tolerance policy for underage drinking.

Also new to 16 Park Street, the former home of Club Karma, is ten thousand dollars in new lighting and special effects including, “Everything from lasers to C02 cannons to offer the premier nightlife experience,” according to 207 Nightlife.

The club is located about a mile from campus and is a short walk from the Goose and Pub 33. Additionally, shuttles to Rondevu will be starting at 9:30 pm from the corner of Frye Street and College Street as well as in front of V3 on Central Avenue. The shuttles will continue to run past the club’s 2 am close until all students have been given transportation back to campus.

While the club is still working out cover charge details, this Thursday ladies get free entry before 11 pm and cover is free for those who are over 21 and bring their Bates ID.

This week, Rondevu’s headlining DJ will be “Ya Favorite Homie JR” of Portland as well as the Bates DJ Society’s own DJ Nasty. One of the liaisons between Club Rondevu and Bates, DJ Nasty told The Student he has high hopes for the new venue.

“We’re looking forward to bringing a new wave of youth and sex appeal to the Lewiston- Auburn community,” said DJ Nasty.

View Comments (2)