It was a tough weekend for the Men’s basketball team. Currently on a three-game losing streak, the men lost to Connecticut College this past Friday and Wesleyan the day after.

The Bobcats fell to the Camels 73-58. Malcolm Delpeche ‘17 led the team with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Jeff Spellman ‘20 tallied nine points, four assists, and five rebounds and fellow first-year Tom Coyne ‘20 also added 10 points, both coming off the bench. Tyler Rowe led all Camels with 19 points, Lee Messier added 17 points off the bench, and Zuri Pavlin pulled in nine rebounds to give Connecticut College the edge. Pavlin, a Connecticut senior, also knocked down a jumper in the second half to score his 1,000th point.

The game started out tight, but the Camels went on an 11-0 run to end the half. This gave the Camels a lot of momentum going into the second half. but Bates answered with a 11-2 run including eight consecutive points from Coyne ‘20 to cut the deficit 48-45 with 12:45 in the second half. However, the Camels would not be fazed, going on a 10-0 run over three long minutes. This sucked the momentum from Bates, who could only cut the deficit to nine.

Free throws also plagued the Bobcats, only making 44% while the Camels shot 84% from the stripe.

The next day the Bobcats took on Wesleyan University, where they would lose a tight one 67-64. Marcus Delpeche ‘17 lead the team with 16 points and added another double-double to the season tally with 11 rebounds. Jerome Darling ‘17 had a productive game, dropping 11 points and a team high five assists. Malcolm Delpeche ‘17 put up similar numbers to his brother, dropping 15 points, grabbing five boards and adding six blocks to his stats. Wesleyan’s Nathan Krill lead the way for the Cardinals, leading the team in points and rebounds with 20 and 10 respectively.

Bates came out swinging in the first half, going ahead by as much as 10. Darling and Marcus Delpeche led the way in the first half, both scoring eight points. Bates led by four at the half after Wesleyan mounted a comeback and hit a buzzer-beating three at the half.

In the second half both teams went back and forth taking the lead and going on runs. The game went down to the wire until the end. Malcolm put up a layup with 1:20 left to tie the game at 62. but the next play Wesleyan’s Harry Rafferty pulled up a three at the top of the key to put the Cardinals up 65-62. It would be too late as Rafferty made both his free throws after getting intentionally fouled to put the lead back to three.

The Bobcats look to stop their skid when they visit Salem State for a non-conference game this Wednesday.